Bowl 170 ~ Shoyu Ramen. Home made.



I have been tinkering away at home making ramen for a while now, and FINALLY tonight I delivered something I was actually happy with! 

I took the approach to really finesse and focus on the key backbone elements over the past few years; a strong soy tare, a bold double soup (chicken and pork broth, plus a good dashi stock), clean chiyu (chicken oil), and build as much umami as I possibly can. 

3 day seasoned jammy eggs, melting sous vide pork shoulder chashu. After finishing The bowl I have been left with such a warm, velvety mouth feel and am so happy with the complete bowl here. 

Many more tweaks need to be done of course, and next step I really need to be focussing on making my own noodles. I love Ramen! This obsession gets bigger each day. 



Comments

Popular Posts