Bowl 166 ~ Spicy Tonkotsu. Sekka Dining. St Leonards, North Sydney.

 

I think I have talked about my love for Sekka Dining and their incredible Ramen enough on previous posts, but if you haven’t been you really should make some time to do so. 

Spicy Tonkotsu was the last bowl option on the menu I have not tried, so needed to tick that one off the list. Hydeman told me once he makes his Tonkotsu from the pigs head, which not only sounds like a heavy metal song, but to my knowledge is quite unconventional, yet makes an incredible broth! 

The gelatinous umami packed thick broth is then topped with a Togorashi blend and unlike many “spicy” type Ramens, this bowl is actually hot which is wonderful as I love very spicy food. Served with pork neck chashu cooked medium rare, menma, thinly juliennes leek, and half a seasoned umami egg – Heavenly!


Comments

Popular Posts